- Beets – good source of folate
- Brussels sprouts – good source of vitamins C and K
- Carrots – good source of vitamins A and C
- Onions – contain bioflavonoid anti-oxidants and allicin (anti-tumor compound)
- Parsnips – good source of Vitamins C and K and fiber
- Potatoes (skin on) – good source of vitamins B, C, folate, and niacin and potassium
- Rutabagas – good source of vitamin C
- Sweet potatoes – good source of vitamins A,B6 and C and potassium
- Turnips – contain vitamin C
- Winter squash – good source of vitamin A
A Veggie Carb is a Healthy Carb
Eat healthy carbs. This advice is often given to athletes and couch potatoes alike, but sometimes it is hard to know which carbohydrates to choose. Fall is a great time to enjoy your healthy carbs in the form of roasted vegetables, which are loaded with vitamins, minerals and fiber. Popular and nutritious vegetables for roasting include:
Strawberries: The Taste of Summer
One of the food highlights of summer is fresh strawberries. With their glossy red color and juicy sweetness, ripe strawberries are a treat for the eyes and the palate! They are also full of nutrition benefits. One cup of sliced fresh strawberries has just 55 calories, but provides over 100% of the Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for vitamin C and more than 3 grams of fiber.
Off Season Sports & Physical Therapy is a multi-disciplinary clinic with an amazing team of therapists, athletes and medical professionals.